Survex 1.2.42 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Sep 4 05:12:05 BST 2019

Survex 1.2.42 is now available:

https://survex.com/download.html

The most notable changes in this release are support for colouring by
horizontal or vertical error, and a fix for how passage dimensions get
rotated when exporting with a non-zero bearing.

Here's the full NEWS file entry for this release:

Changes in 1.2.42 (2019-09-04):

* aven:

  + Allow colouring by horizontal or vertical error.

  + (Unix version): Disable scaling for HiDPI displays with GTK3.  The OpenGL
    code needs work before this will work usefully, so just disable for now
    (which simulates how things are when using GTK2).

  + (Unix version): Fix orientation of notebook tabs when build with wxWidgets
    3.1 development versions.  We want horizontal tab orientation, but were
    passing a weird flag combination which now results in vertical tab
    orientation.

* When exporting to a format where we support rotation in the horizontal
  plane (such as SVG), the rotation was incorrectly applied to cross section
  data (except for the default rotation of zero).  Fixes #108, reported by
  Richard Knapp.

* Add a section to the manual covering the command line tools, and what you
  might still need to use them for.

* Fix compiler warning when building from source with GCC 9.

* Consistently refer to macOS not OS X - Apple have renamed it yet again.

* (macOS version): Revert the workaround for the crash on macOS 10.14.  The
  bug we were working around is fixed in git ready for wxWidgets 3.0.5 and
  there's a backported fix in the homebrew wxmac 3.0.4-2 package, which is how
  we now recommend people install on a Mac.  Closes #101, reported by floho.

* (macOS version): Remove buildmacosx.sh script since installing from homebrew
  is now the recommended approach.

Here are SHA256 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

2cac75debdea4024cb17339dc86b3c50efeef13651fc200a83a9132de895b785  survex-1.2.42.tar.gz
65a81f1adb91b6f10aa6465c38f1882062d6055b32754cb51f65ac37b4b0f1ab  survex-win32-1.2.42.exe

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
https://survex.com/software/1.2.42/

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated
with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

https://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.42

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release
notes to the bug tracker (https://trac.survex.com/).