Aven exports sketch file instead of pos file

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Oct 24 02:23:46 BST 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:08:59AM +1100, Mike Lake wrote:
> During a survex course I ran last weekend I came across a problem with Aven.
> When you select to export the pos file it exports a sketch file.

Are you saying you get a .sk file, or a .pos file which contains
Skencil format data?

And is this the only format selection which produces the wrong
format output?

> This occurred with the Windows and macOS versions. I was able to use the
> 3d2pos.exe to create the pos files OK.
>
> Survex Windows 1.2.42  exports Sketch file instead of a POS file.

I just tested this build under wine on Linux and I get a POS file.

> Survex macosx-1.2.27 exports Sketch file instead of a POS file.

I have no easy way to test on a Mac currently, but that version is over
3 years old so you probably want to upgrade anyway.

> Survex Linux 1.2.38 is OK

The latest code from version control (which is 1.2.42 plus two minor
changes) works for me on Linux.

> Could not find this listed as a bug in the mail archives or Wiki.
> Anyone else find this?

It's not a bug I recall hearing about or fixing before.

I had a look at the code, but I don't see anything wrong.  It's the same
code for all platforms too.