Aven in stereoscopic 3D

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 20 01:32:56 BST 2018

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 12:21:22AM +0000, Pedro Silva Pinto wrote:
> Correction: the plan view rotates nicely centered. Also in plan view I
> can reset the center of rotation clicking in a survey point.  it's the
> profile and tilted views that rotate off-centered and I cannot click
> on the survey points at all...

Sorry for not getting back to this for a while.

I've just pushed some changes to the stereo branch which add a --stereo
option with three different modes.

--stereo=buffers attempts to work with the hardware you have, but I
can't actually test that.  Please can you check that?

--stereo=anaglyph renders overlapping tinted red/cyan monochrome left
and right in one window for viewing with coloured glasses (red/green or
red/blue glasses both work on a red/cyan image).  Works for me (though
my glasses are cheap ones from cereal packets and there's quite a lot
of bleed-through between the two images).

--stereo=2up renders left and right side by side in one window for use
with a cardboard-style viewer (see
https://vr.google.com/cardboard/get-cardboard/).  I tested by exporting
a movie from aven and playing it on my phone, and it works well.  Not
sure if there's a neat way to screen mirror onto a phone to use this as
an interactive viewer.  If nothing else it'll be useful with an android
port of aven.