[Therion] Complex model visualization with Aven, Loch, KML and Compass

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jul 17 06:50:37 BST 2018

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 10:37:45PM +0100, Wookey via Therion wrote:
> On 2018-07-16 19:20 +0200, Evaristo Quiroga via Therion wrote:
> > Aven is a very powerful tool too. I like the easy and intuitive rotation
> > controls and Error visualization. I can show/hide Therion surveys. But a
> > can't show/hide the "Centerlines".
>
> You can show/hide centrelines. Presumably you mean you can only hide
> all or none?  Last year it gained 'hide all but this one' feature, and
> just last week it gained 'show/hide each individual survey'.

"Hide others" was actually added in 2016 (and the ability to show
individual surveys was the week before last!)

> > All my centerlines have "id" and "title".
> > I can't choose a color by survey.
>
> You mean that you want to be able to 'display survey foo in <choose
> colour>'? Or display title in colour <choose>? Or something else?

"Colour by Survey" would be easier now thanks to the changes needed to
allow showing individual surveys.

Generally speaking, if there's a feature you feel would be useful
to add to Survex, open a ticket for it on https://trac.survex.com/ if
there isn't one already, or comment on an existing ticket (you'll need
to create an account there first).  Otherwise you're relying on me
thinking of it myself, or someone else getting around to proposing it.

If you're able to code it up yourself, even better.