Non-Projected Co-ordinate systems support /export error

Robert Jones rob at robjones.org
Wed Nov 1 01:08:25 GMT 2017

Hi, Olly,

Yes, I was trying to build from git. A build from the source tarball and
external dependencies was successful with a couple of adjustments:

1- Don't set WX_CONFIG=$WX_CONFIG' --static' when using a local WX install
- by default wx doesn't have this enabled
2- Symlink local Cellar PROJ install to ./PROJINSTALL

A build with local dependencies fails due to the WX version downloaded
failing to build. Bumping this and patching it results in a successful
build. Rather than update buildmacosx.sh I installed the
already-patched-and-tested homebrew version with static linking enabled:

Source : https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/
Formula/wxmac.rb
$brew install --with-static wxwidgets
$export WX_CONFIG /usr/local/Cellar/wxmac/3.0.3.1_1/bin/wx-config

1.2.32 build:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzd742092sn3xou/survex-macosx-1.2.32.dmg?dl=0

So, perhaps using the homebrew dependency management might make tracking
these dependency changes easier longer term.

I'll put the homebrew ruby script together and try this on a clean OSX
install to make sure I've got all the dependencies resolved. A dev build in
a homebrew package is 'nice to have' but more useful is the release build
so I'll get this working first. Given the success above I don't forsee too
many problems here.

Rob