Processing larger area master problem

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Apr 5 18:46:24 BST 2017

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 12:44:33PM +0100, mark brown wrote:
> Verson 1.2.30 doesn't seem to process our larger area master files. It just
> sits in aven with spinning wheel (windows and linux)
> E.g. it will process clearwater cave master but not clearwater area or mulu
> master.
> My version 1.2.27 works ok - but i don't have an exe file for it. Would it
> be possible to share an .exe i could download?

You can download older releases from here:

https://survex.com/software/

An older version is OK as a short-term workaround, but we ought to
actually fix the problem too.

There were changes to the log file parsing between 1.2.27 and 1.2.30,
but looking through them there's no obvious reason I can see they would
stop the run completing, and I can process the CUCC dataset which is a
large example with over a thousand .svx files.

So I'm going to need more to go on - is the data available?

If not, do you get any output at all in the log window at all?  Can you
porcess from the command line with cavern and send me a log of the
output of that?  Assuming you're processing master.svx, run this (with
1.2.30 installed):

cavern master.svx > cavernout.txt

That'll just work on Linux - on other platforms you'll probably have to
specify a path to find cavern.