Survex 1.2.29 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 26 23:48:10 BST 2016

Survex 1.2.29 is now available:

https://survex.com/download.html

This release is mainly to fix issues introduced in 1.2.28.

See the NEWS file entry below for a full list of changes.

There's no Mac OS X build yet - I'll try to sort one out shortly.

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

dbadfc2d751ced23344637ed9f7228226fef7f78  survex-1.2.29.tar.gz
9d278d56a3fa04bce2e4558e5af3402c3fb9b710  survex-win32-1.2.29.exe

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
https://survex.com/software/1.2.29/

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated
with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

https://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.29

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release
notes to the bug tracker (https://trac.survex.com/).

Changes in 1.2.29 (2016-09-27):

* aven:

  + Fix SVG output with non-ASCII characters (the charset in the SVG file
    is now set to UTF-8 not ISO-8859-1).

  + (Microsoft Windows version): Fix error dialog on startup in pre-built
    version.  Reported by Brian Clipstone.

* Manual: Add link to TerrainData wiki page.  Omission highlighted by Erin
  Lynch and "detrito".

* Fix to build without FFmpeg/libav and with older versions, broken by changes
  in 1.2.28.  Reported by James Begley.