Inkscape extensions

Mateusz Golicz mateusz.golicz at pza.org.pl
Fri Sep 2 20:58:58 BST 2016

Dears,

I know it is all slightly off topic. Please forgive me.

The EuroSpeleo surveying meetings made me feel quite pessmistic. We
discussed so many problems and shared so few good solutions. Long story
short, I decided to act rather than complain.

And now, I have a shiny, new version of Inkscape cave mapping extensions!

Believe me or not, but they can adjust SVG drawings after closing a
surveying loop or discovering to the surveyor's horror that the magnetic
declination figure assumed during the tracing was wrong.

Also, the package includes solutions for generating offset windows for
showing underneath passages that update automatically when the main
drawing is changed.

Of course it's very experimental, untested, far from being as good as
Therion etc. -  but probably is going to be good enough for many shorter
caves.

The links follow:
Docs & download: http://jaskinie.jaszczur.org/caveink-beta1/
Code: https://github.com/mteg/caveink

I am writing not merely to brag, but rather to seek help. I need help
with testing. Also, if someone feels like contributing, it is more than
welcome (draw a boulder library, figure out how to get rid of that font,
correct and make more docs etc.)

Cheers!
Mateusz