load terrain data (GfxCore::LoadDEM function)

detrito detrito at inventati.org
Sat Oct 15 10:02:30 BST 2016

Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> > thanks for your reply full of detaily ;) I checked the wiki page,
> > and I found that "The terrain data currently needs to be in WGS84
> > lat/long." is this still actual?
>
> It is.

re,

I converted my DEM in WGS84. it loads without errors in aven (with
file->open terrain) and it finally overlaps the cave-area. however
something doesn't work in displaying: instead of the the surface's shape
I only see an interference pattern [1]. the previous screenshot shows
the pattern with a 10m resolution DEM [2]. with the 2m resolution DEM I
get the same pattern, but at higher resolution.

best regards, Luca

[1]http://luca.sgtraduzioni.ch/speleo/aven_dtm.jpg
[2]https://github.com/detrito/topo-folliu/blob/master/dtm/fb_dtm_int_10m_wgs1984.bil
--