Survex 1.2.30 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Oct 3 06:47:13 BST 2016

Survex 1.2.30 is now available:

https://survex.com/download.html

This release is mainly to fix a crash on Microsoft Windows.

See the NEWS file entry below for a full list of changes.

There's no Mac OS X build yet - I'll try to sort one out shortly.

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

a45ab9b6965653ff4134ffa675efbab9f052324d  survex-1.2.30.tar.gz
1680c5d48e86551dba28803cbf34cc93f8fc210f  survex-win32-1.2.30.exe

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
https://survex.com/software/1.2.30/

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated
with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

https://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.30

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release
notes to the bug tracker (https://trac.survex.com/).

Changes in 1.2.30 (2016-10-03):

* aven:

  + (Microsoft Windows version): Fix crash when trying to print or export
    (probably introduced in 1.2.28).  Reported by Brian Clipstone.

  + Report error if terrain file contains no terrain data in area of survey.
    Suggested by detrito.

  + Errors when writing an export file were reported with the wrong filename
    - the .3d file, not the filename we were trying to write to.

  + Export to KML now supports exporting passages, walls and cross-sections.
    Addresses the remainder of ticket #4.

* Add man page for dump3d.