Sub-setting

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 17 22:23:45 BST 2016

kevin dixon writes:
> GG Is getting very complicated and I need a tool to isolate sections.

If you run aven from the command line, you can tell it to only show a
sub-survey of the file using "--survey", e.g.:

aven --survey 161 all.3d

You can only specify one sub-survey to view (if you specify it multiple
times, it'll just use the last one).

If your survey naming is hierarchical, this can be handy - if everything
is named in a flat namespace with a prefix (e.g. with station names like
KH1234) then it is no help at all.

The next release will probably allow access to the above feature via the
UI.

> Is there any way of sub setting a 3D file to a 3D box ?
>
> Or do I need to write something to sift out ?

There's nothing built-in currently to allow restricting to a 3D box, but
someone may have written something already, so cc-ing the list.