Walls import

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Mar 2 21:53:36 GMT 2016

Darek Lubomski wrote:
> I have big project in Walls and looking for a way to export survey to
> Survex.
> Could You help me with that ? I don`t find any way.

I'm not aware of an existing tool to do this - I've cc-ed the mailing
list in case someone else knows of one or has experience of doing this.

I had a quick look at the Walls format, and I think Survex could
probably be extended to read it directly (like we do for Compass data).
If you're wanting to combine Walls data from an external source which
will provide updates, that's a nicer solution, but if you're wanting to
switch a project over then you might prefer to find a way to translate
the data.

If you're interested in reading Walls data directly, providing some
data would help a lot (off-list is fine).  I'm rather overloaded with
work lately though, so I can't promise a timescale.