Survex 1.2.24 released

James Begley james.begley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 20:51:07 BST 2015

Hiya,

For a long time I've been meaning to make use of Fedora's copr
functionality to build survex, and I've finally got round to getting this
working.  Copr is a fedora buildsystem that will cleanly compile RPMs for
installation on any fedora (or fedora compatible) linux workstation - its a
bit like the "ppa" functionality in ubuntu.

The easiest way to get copr working on a fedora 21/22 workstation is to use
the "dnf" package manager, and run the following command
# dnf install dnf-plugins-core

Once that has installed things, you can then run the following command
(again as root) to enable the survex repository that I've created
# dnf copr enable jmbegley/survex

And finally to install survex you can then run
# dnf install survex

Brief information about the copr repository is here
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/jmbegley/survex/ and I'll try to
ensure that it is updated whenever a new survex release is made.

Cheers,
James.