Survex 1.2.23 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Sep 23 05:01:55 BST 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 11:12:13PM +0100, Brian Clipstone wrote:
> Survex 1.2.23 , when you process a SVX file it does not make a Log
> file, it also opens up in Aven which I do not like or want.

Running aven to process .svx files seems a better default at this
point (aside from the bug you hit).  If there's no error, you can
click on the "log" icon in the toolbar (or "View Log" in the "File"
menu) to see the log, and save it if you want.

But you can still configure the file associations the old way if
you really prefer that.  To run cavern as before, set the command for
"Process" to:

"C:\Program Files\Survex\cavern.exe" --log -q -o "%1" "%1"

The path to cavern may be different if you chose a different directory
at install time.

> If you put an error in the SVX file then all you get is a blank
> screen with no info.

That's just a bug - fixed in 1.2.24.