Survex 1.2.18 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jun 11 02:05:14 BST 2015

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 06:43:37AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 02:07:16PM +1000, Robert Jones wrote:
> > I did try the workaround in this post, explicitly managing a non-native toolbar:
> > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/wx-commits-diffs/kkMc1qvLCQ4/b0gwJ4xbWYQJ
> >
> > This change did work, but I saw some odd corruption that you can see
> > in the screenshot attached.
>
> It looks like there's an extra small square window there for some
> reason - I've seen similar issues before, but I don't remember what
> the cause was.

So this is the effect you get if there's a sizer used on a window, and
you create a child window but fail to add it to the sizer.  This child
window just ends up as a small square since there's nothing to determine
what size it should be (if it's the only child, it fills the client area
of the parent, but that doesn't make sense if there's a sizer set).

I've managed to borrow a Mac for a few days, so tried this approach out
and it works if I also add the splitter window to the sizer too.

So I've applied a patch to force a non-native toolbar until we have some
larger icons to use, as it looks nicer that with the fuzzy rescaled
icons - I suspect the patch you tried was similar but missing the final
hunk:

http://trac.survex.com/changeset/2737db5b41e90d6049a799e2f5123d801701e3a0/git