Survex for scuba dive surveys

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Mon Apr 13 16:34:24 BST 2015

+++ Henrik Brautaset Aronsen [2015-04-13 17:08 +0200]:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote:
> > So to get what you asked for you could do:
> > *fix surface 0 0 -12
> > A B 25 160 -12 -16
> > B C 12 120 -16 -20
> >
> > so survex fixes the first stn at 0,0,-12 instead of the default 0,0,0
> >

> Now I get «Unused fixed point “surface”», probably since I haven't
> connected it to anything.

Sorry that should have been:
> > *fix A 0 0 -12
> > A B 25 160 -12 -16
> > B C 12 120 -16 -20

But yes the scale bar does indeed only cover the range from end of 1st
leg to end of 2nd leg, not from start of 1st leg. (i.e 4m not 8m).
That does seem to be a bug. You could confirm if this only happens
with diving data or all data, and if it is indeed just not counting
the start of the 1st leg, then report it at
http://trac.survex.com/newticket  (you'll need to make an account).

> I'm confused.  Sorry for asking silly questions :/

Not silly so far.

http://wookware.org/