Survex 1.2.16 released

David A. Riggs david.a.riggs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 22:01:07 BST 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 10:07 PM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> There's currently no pre-built version of a recent release for Mac OS X,
> but I hope to sort this out before the end of the month.

The Download page provides a link to the old 1.2.6 .dmg from Dan
Colish, but doesn't explicitly state that it's not up-to-date with the
source release.

   http://survex.com/download.html?platform=macosx

Perhaps a note could be added to the download page until a current OS
X binary is available?

> Meanwhile you should be able to build a disk image from source using the
> "buildmacosx.sh" script in the source tree - see the comments at the
> start of that script for details, though this may need some adjustments
> to link with PROJ, which is used for coordinate transforms.

The OS X build script, when set to download a wxWidgets tarball
(default), is looking for the latest wx release, 3.0.2. Unfortunately,
their FTP mirror hasn't yet been updated with the 3.0.2 source
tarball, even though it was released at the start of the month! Their
dev email list suggests that the FTP mirror maintainer is traveling.
In the meantime, I modified the `buildmacosx.sh` script to use
SourceForge's direct download link:

   curl -L -O "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wxwindows/$WXVERSION/$wxtarball"

> If someone with a Mac is interested in providing builds for others on
> a regular basis, or writing a script for homebrew or macports, let me
> know.

I'd like to see this as well, but I'm not able to take on the task any
time in the near future.

Thanks for all your hard work on the Survex project!

- DR

--
David A. Riggs <david.a.riggs at gmail.com>