OS X Compilation (again!)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Jan 18 20:41:10 GMT 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 08:54:31AM -0500, David A. Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:49 AM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> >
> > I suspect including the wx headers first from the file in question will
> > fix this - either build the latest git version, or apply the attached
> > patch, and let me know what the result is.
>
> I applied your patch to 1.2.10 source, removed --static from
> wx-config, and built with `buildmacosx --no-install-wx` against my
> Homebrew wx-mac 3.0.0.0. We get much farther this time! A few more
> warnings (including some deprecation warnings), and finally dies
> linking.

It looks like those are the same warnings we got before, many of which
I've fixed in git.

The OpenGL deprecations look like they'll need some non-trivial
rewriting to address, but aren't a problem for now.

> It looks like the linker is barfing because my (also Homebrew) `proj`
> library is 64-bit? Am I interpreting that correctly?

Yes, you'll need builds for the same architecture of all the libraries
used.  You could instead have a 64-bit wx build and build Survex 64-bit,
but it's probably much quicker to rebuild proj than wx.

Currently libproj is a hard requirement because the GPX export code
tries to use it unconditionally.  We could just disable this code if
libproj isn't present, though the plan is to soon add support for
setting the grid which the data is in, at which point it probably
doesn't make sense to allow building without libproj.