OS X Compilation (again!)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jan 15 23:21:15 GMT 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 05:51:42PM -0500, David A. Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> >
> > If you either update the script to use 3.0 or build against 3.0 from
> > homebrew, how do things go?
>
> I briefly tried `buildmacosx.sh --no-install-wx` but it's not happy
> with the Homebrew wx version's configuration.
>

> ~/tmp/survex-1.2.10$ wx-config --static --libs --cflags --cxxflags
> "core,gl,html"
>
>           Warning: No config found to match: /usr/local/bin/wx-config
> --static --libs --cflags --cxxflags core,gl,html
>                    in /usr/local/Cellar/wxmac/3.0.0.0/lib/wx/config
>           If you require this configuration, please install the desired
>           library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
>           test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
>           You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
>           the default prefix.
>
> ~/Users/driggs/tmp/survex-1.2.10]$ wx-config --list
>
>     Default config is osx_cocoa-unicode-3.0

Does dropping --static help?  i.e.:

/usr/local/bin/wx-config --libs --cflags --cxxflags core,gl,html

If so, the disk image the script builds won't be self-contained, but the
build shouldn't otherwise be affected by using a dynamically linked wx
(and it's better in many ways).

> >> Build log attached.
> >
> > I think the list might have stripped it - it's set to remove some
> > attachments to try to avoid relaying viruses and trojans.
>
> My email client shows that I attached the log on the outgoing message.

Any idea what "Content-Type" it was attached with?

> Oh well, here's an online version of my original vanilla
> `buildmacosx.sh` output:
>
>    http://pastebin.com/QH0nx5NT

I don't see anything else interesting there.

It's not just you who's hit this, though there's no answer to the
problem here:

http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38413