Splays

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Feb 16 21:35:28 GMT 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 09:03:10PM +0000, kevin dixon wrote:
> Can we open a ticket on Laser Scan and Theodolite data with turned
> horizontal angles ?

Anyone can open a ticket, you just need to register first (which means
you'll get email for ticket updates, and also reduces the torrent of
spam tickets and comments to a handful a year) - just go to:

http://trac.survex.com/register

I'd encourage people to open tickets, particularly for non-trivial
issues, as it means they won't accidentally get forgotten about.

> *calibrate HA Station           ; sets Theodolite horizontal circle offset
> from grid for Station (will apply to all stations in this Survex file if
> specific Station number is missing)
> *calibrate VA Station           ; sets Theodolite vertical circle offset
> from horizontal plane, needs to work for 90 and 270 readings (same as for
> HA)
> *calibrate HI Station            ; sets vertical height of theodolite above
> Station (same as for HA)
> *calibrate Target Station      ; sets vertical height of target above point
> from Station (same as for HA)
>
> *begin Theodolite      ; theodolite block data
> 1    ..      HA.......VA........Range             ; Station Station
> HorizontalAngle VerticalAngle DIST
> 1    ..
> etc.
> *end Theodolite
>
> Hopefully the above makes sense ?

Not totally - it'd would be clearer to give an example with numbers in,
and what calculations should happen with those numbers.

> I have tried to implement it in a manner similar to normal Cave Survey
> observations.
> Will Survex calculate a resection or tri-lateration position if there are
> observations from the theodolite to 2 or more known cave survey stations ?

Currently distances are required, but it's certainly possible to
implement this.

> Also a ticket for the Log file.
> Separate Anon stations from traverse stations in the statistics.

Yeah, that'd be good.  Please open a ticket.