Survex/Aven on Windows 7 tablet

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Apr 3 10:56:02 BST 2014

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 12:17:34PM +0100, HughStL wrote:
> Just wondered if anyone used Survex on a tablet?
> I'm trying v1.2.7b out on a Windows 7 powered Dell Latitude ST (2gb
> RAM) with semi mixed results. Some comments for developers:

Can you test with 1.2.11?  There's been a lot of changes since 1.2.7b,
and it's not really useful to try to chase down bugs which may have
already been fixed.

> 2. virtually impossible to select station points, even with pretty
> accurate stylus (Dell Latitude ST has proper digitising screen with
> active stylus, not one of those big-blob Android/iPad pens)

Currently it's treated as a click if the mouse is at the same position
when the mouse button is pressed and released, and that position has to
be at most 5 pixels from a station - I wonder which of these is the
issue.

If you concentrate on not moving the stylus horizontally, does that seem
more successful than if you focus on touching it as close to the station
as you can?