New release of Cave Converter for testing

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Sun Oct 6 01:19:25 BST 2013

+++ Footleg [2013-09-26 13:40 +0100]:
> The latest development on Cave Converter has added a number of useful
> new features.
>
> Full details and download links can be found here:
> http://wscc.darkgem.com/caveconverter/beta.html
>
> Please email me directly with any feedback.

Two things that would make my life much simpler:
1) Make the contents of
   http://wscc.darkgem.com/caveconverter/releases/source/CaveConverter-src-beta20130921.zip
   the actual source,, i.e. not contined within another redundant subdir called
   CaveConverter_src

2) Call the file CaveConverter-src-20130921beta.zip rather
CaveConverter-src-beta20130921.zip

This way the versions sort properly in the future. (think about
CaveConverter-src-20130921.zip
then
CaveConverter-src-beta20131101.zip
)
The 'beta' prefixes will all sort together, whatever the release date,
which is wrong.

Even better would be to call it CaveConverter-src-20130921~beta.zip as
that guarantees that
20130921~beta
sorts before
20130921
(for anything that understands the debian-invented ~version scheme,
which includes RPM-based distros too these days.)

With those two changes I can use a standard update script to just
download 'latest', rather than a manual unpack, repack,
version-mangle/rename dance.

So updating everything when you do a new release becomes as simple as
'uscan caveconverter'

http://wookware.org/