Installing survex on Fedora 19

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Sun Dec 8 22:27:23 GMT 2013

+++ Philip Balister [2013-12-07 16:22 -0500]:
> I am trying to get survex running on Fedora 19.
>
> Configure succeeds, but this lookes suspicious:
>
> checking how to compare strings ignoring case... strcasecmp
> checking for sgmltools v2 or v3... not found
> checking for docbook-to-man... not found

Are /usr/bin/sgmltools and /usr/bin/docbook-to-man installed? Both are
used for manpage generation. They are in sgmltools-lite and
docbook-to-man packages respectively in debian. Not sure what the
equivalent fedora packages are called.

> checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
>
> Running make gets me to:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/balister/src/git/survex/lib/icons'
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/balister/src/git/survex/lib/icons'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/balister/src/git/survex/lib'
> ./make-pixel-font
> No such file or directory at ./make-pixel-font line 11.

line 11 says: open U, '<', '/usr/share/unifont/unifont.hex' or die $!;
and that file is provided by unifont, which is not a build-dep. This is
only done to generate unifont.pixelfont which is shipped with the source
tarball so it's not needed as a build-dep there. But it looks like it is
aabuild-dep for a 'from-git' build.

> Any hints?

Try installing unifont and building again. The INSTAL or README file
should probably list the build-desp really. Feel free to improve this.

http://wookware.org/