PlotSauce a *.3d to XML converter

Philip Schuchardt vpicaver at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:09:58 GMT 2012

I'll send an example when I get home tonight.

I'm using standard XML syntax.  I have created by own XML schema.  I did
just came up with "some XML format".  The format holds survey points, and
lines between points.  You can easily crunch any XML file with xml parsers
or software that support XQuery, like BaseX (http://basex.org/).  The xml
file is simply compressed with gunzip (using zlib).  It actually produces
smaller files then the original *.3d format, when compressed.  Support for
Compass's *.plt would be cool.  We could probably add some standard file
formats like shape files or KML files pretty easily using OGR.

Philip