survex 3d format

Thomas Holder thomas at thomas-holder.de
Tue Oct 25 11:21:49 BST 2011

Hi,

I have a question regarding the 3d format specification. The
documentation says about the first trim code:

0x01-0x0e 	TRIM 	  	Trim the last 16 characters of the current label,
then trim back N (i.e. 1-14) dots ("."), everything after that
particular dot.

If I look at src/img.c it starts trimming at

c = pimg->label_len - 17 - 1;

which is 17 instead of 16. Is it me misunderstanding the docs, or is it
stated wrong in the docs? Thanks.

For the record: I found this because I'm currently working on the python
parser that I once wrote for the inkscape 3d import filter
(http://www.thomas-holder.de/projects/3dtosvg/).

Cheers,
   Thomas