can't compile on ubuntu 10.4 64bits [fixed]

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 18 14:54:20 BST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 09:58:25AM -0300, Carlos Grohmann wrote:
> >> I can't see any text in Aven (station names, elevation), they are all
> >> in black against a black screen. There are also some flickering when
> >> moving the mouse. but it works!
> >
> > Hmm, was that working in 1.1.12?
>
> Yes, in my 32bit system it is working fine in 1.1.12

But you're running 64 bit now?

Is the hardware the same?

Not a lot has changed in the code which draws text on the survey pane since
1.1.12, and it works on both the Ubuntu machines I've tried it on.

You could try getting mesa to report any opengl errors, though aven checks
for them in most cases already:

env MESA_DEBUG=1 aven