Survex 1.1.14 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jul 26 15:02:36 BST 2010

I've just uploaded 1.1.14:

http://www.survex.com/software/1.1.14/

Please note that this is a test build of the development version.
Things should mostly work, but you're more likely to encounter problems
than with the stable 1.0.X versions.

1.1.14 doesn't fix all of the bugs reported in 1.1.13, but it does fix
quite a few, and 1.1.13 was almost 6 weeks ago, and I think it is good to
keep up momentum.

I wouldn't recommend installing this as your *only* Survex version and
going away on expedition, but it is working well for a number of users.

So please do download it and try it out.  I think this is getting close
to what I'd like to release as Survex 1.2, so please report any problems
(even if you've reported them before!)

I've updated the "buildmacosx.sh" script which is included in the sources,
so if you want to build on Mac OS X, I'd recommend using this - it should
create a disk image, which is a common way to distribute Mac software.

I've created a wiki page for "release notes", which I'll try to keep updated    with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

http://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.1.14

Changes in 1.1.14 (2010-07-26):

* Restore compatibility with wxWidgets 2.6 (1.1.13 required wxWidgets 2.8).

* aven:

  + After processing survey data, if there were warnings or errors, add a
    "Rerun" button to allow easy reprocessing after fixing problems.  If there
    were only warnings, also add an "OK" button to allow moving on to viewing
    the processed survey data (fixes ticket#13).

  + Optimise updating of the cavern log window (hopefully fixes ticket#12).

  + Fix links in cavern log window to link from exactly '<file>:<line>' (and
    not the ': ' after), and to make the title for the terminal the
    warning/error message.  Avoid false positives by checking that '<line>' is
    a number.

  + Don't double escape the contents of href and target in links in the cavern
    log window.

  + Improve handling of the splitter window, fixing behavioural glitches in
    various cases.

  + Highlight stations matching any current search when a file is loaded.
    (ticket#9)

  + (Mac version): Fix build issue due to Mac OS X polluting the global
    namespace with its own "Point" class.

  + (Unix version): The Gnome print dialog has its own preview window so
    suppress ours if using the Gnome one.

  + (Unix version): Link aven with -lGLU which SuSE Linux needs.

  + (Microsoft Windows version): Fix handling of a double-click on the survey
    tree when built with wxWidgets >= 2.8.11.

* cavern: Report relevant file and line number for three warnings which didn't
  give them before.

* (Unix and Mac versions): configure: Update the wx-config probing code -
  wxmac-config etc aren't present with newer wxWidgets versions so there's no
  point looking for them now.

* (Mac version): buildmacosx.sh: This script builds a diskimage with Survex in
  for easy installation.  Update it to work with the latest Survex versions
  (use WX_CONFIG not WXCONFIG; use a Unicode build of wxWidgets; if building a
  private wxWidgets, use 2.8.11 not 2.7.0-1).

* manual:

  + Correctly capitalise "GTK".

  + Note that on Linux we only regularly test builds with the GTK+ version
    (change taken from 1.0).

* Fixed the cad3d man page, which was an empty file in 1.1.13.