exporting

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Nov 25 00:49:54 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 08:33:53AM +0000, Andrew Atkinson wrote:
> Below is a message from Dave Nixon that he for some reason the list is
> rejecting

Hmm, sorry about that.

My best guess as to what happened:  Currently new subscribers are marked as
moderated, as spammers were actually subscribing to the lists to bypass the
check on mail from non-subscribers.  When I see a non-spam mail from someone
I clear this, but it's possible I missed his mail when checking through all
the spam.  The user interface for that wasn't really written with current spam
volumes in mind, so it's not great to use.

If he still has the rejection message I might be able to say more definitely.

Anyway, I've just cleared the moderation flag for him (he seems to be
subscribed from 3 different addresses).

> > Picking up from a thread on UKC forum, I thought I'd ask the question
> > about exporting the passage details from a .3d file into a .dxf
> >
> > Currently the information is stripped when you do this. Therefore:
> >
> > a) Is anyone aware of an easy way to achieve this with the current
> > software?
> >
> > or
> >
> > b) Would it be simple to add to the exsisting software an exporting
> > facility in survex so that the passage details (as displayed in aven)
> > appear on a layer in ACAD?
> >
> > I ask this question(s) as I am importing .dxf data generated in survex
> > into Arc View as an ongoing project to create an accurate GIS
> > map/model.

The export code doesn't currently process the passage information.  I've
opened a ticket for that, as it ought to:

http://trac.survex.com/ticket/4

The printing code does, but I don't know if you can easily print to a file and
import that into your CAD software.