When is the Survex build with passage walls going to be made the 'release' download?

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Fri Feb 27 04:55:55 GMT 2009

+++ Footleg [2009-02-24 17:49 +0000]:
> I'm always getting asked by people why the version of survex they
> downloaded does not show the passage walls which are supported in
> v1.1.12
>
> The download page does not naturally point people to download this
> version. It is 2 years old now! So when does it become considered
> stable enough to make it the default download version?

I've asked that a few times too :-).

The sticking point for some time has been the non-unicode build of
wxwidgets that survex needs to build against, which is not widely
available.

This has been worked-around by wrapping every string in the codebase
in 'wxT()', which is how the Debian version of 1.0.39 has been
distributed for the last 16 months or so. It's not ideal, but it does
work.

Phil Underwood has done this work for the 1.1 branch too, and I just
updated the patch for the current svn code, along with the new terrain
feature.

It's failing to build proper packages for me right now, but unless
Olly comes up with a showstopper this code should become available in
Debian very soon.

Ol, I think it probably is time for a 1.2 release generally - either
with or without the unicode changes. What do you reckon?

Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/