Survex

Pmjackson pmjackson at dodo.com.au
Tue Dec 22 08:01:52 GMT 2009

G'day Wookey'
My name is Phil Jackson and I've been surveying caves in Tasmania for about
30 years and drawing them by hand. The young cavers are giving me a bit of
stick about geriatric technology so I have try a bit of this modern stuff.
I downloaded Survex  (for Mac OSX) and followed the instructions for
installation. From there I can't get it to work.
Here is what happens.
The Aven symbol appears in the Dashboard.
I click on the symbol and an Aven window opens. This window has a title, a
row of symbols, "Find" on the  but no menu. As the window opens the symbol
on the dashboard disappears.
When I click on the screen the word "Find" disappears and the window remains
but doesn't respond to the cursor.
I have tried this three times, each time the same result.
Your software is about the only one I can find that is suitable for a Mac.
Can you offer any advice or should I go back to graph paper and pens?
Cheers Jacko