Aven on OSX 10.5

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Nov 20 09:40:37 GMT 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 04:23:58PM +0000, Mark Shinwell wrote:
> I shall try to get to investigating this and hopefully further improving
> the OS X support in the near future.  Thanks for the bug report.

I think there are two issues here.  One is that nobody has built a
binary Mac OS X package for several releases (1.0.30 vs 1.0.39).  I
don't have a Mac, so I can't do this myself.

The other is that the changes you (Mark) made to improve OS X support
in the 1.1 branch didn't get backported.  Possibly they weren't relevant
(e.g. OpenGL-specific) but it seems likely at least some were.

I'm not sure if we should worry about 1.0.x on OS X - all OS X machines
must have good hardware OpenGL support.  But in that case a binary
package of the latest 1.1.x snapshot would be useful.