Survex and Compass

Graham Mullan graham.mullan at wotcc.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 14:53:58 BST 2008

I am trying to combine a large quantity of data from numerous caves in
one area, some of which is in Survex format and some in Compass.

I now have some caves compiled properly in Survex and some groups of
caves compiled in Compass MAK files. The latter work perfectly well on
their own.

Each of the above is in its own file subfolder and in the folder above
them I have written a compilation Survex file. It works perfectly well
with the Survex folders and with one of the Compass folders. However the
other Compass folders will not properly process in Compass, even though
they work perfectly well in Compass. I have included the case preserve
command but that doesn't solve it. Does anyone have any ideas?

I really do not want to re-type the Compass data. Simple conversion
isn't an option as they are a mixture of imperial and metric data and
Compass saves data in imperial, however it was entered.

Graham

---

graham.mullan at wotcc.org.uk

0117 9502556 or 07887 637064