Survex 1.0.39 released

Andy Waddington surveys at pennine.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 10:51:29 GMT 2006

On Thursday 2006-01-12 06:04, Olly Betts wrote:
> ... 1.0.39

I downloaded the 1.0.39 source rpm, and also the wx stuff as a
source rpm, and followed the instructions on the download page
to rpmbuild that. This fails looking for a "gtk-config" script
saying that it is checking for gtk+ >= 1.2.7 and then >=1.2.3.
According to rpm -q -a | grep gtk, I have gtk+ version 1.2.10
but a find / -name gtk-config indeed suggests that there is
no file called gtk-config anywhere it's not that the rpm has
installed it in some other location, it simply doesn't exist.

It seems to be a recurring theme, and probably not survex's
fault, that I fail to build survex because of flaky builds
of the wx stuff. It would be useful if there was slightly
more troubleshooting info for what to do when the dependencies
simply don't work - pointers to wx documents perhaps ?

[This was intending to build on Aurora Linux 2, which is
derived from Fedora core 3, built for sparc64]

Andy