plan to elevation transition time

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Feb 3 05:02:36 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 01:29:35PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> Aven has long had the snazzy smooth auto-transition from plan to elevation
> and back on machines fast enough to support it. However for quite a few
> versions now this transition has been irritatingly slow.
>
> I just timed it at 6 seconds and it is very consitent. I suspect this is not
> what is intended. Anyone else seeing this?

No, it takes just under 2 seconds for me (I'm pressing "P" or "L" to
initiate the transition in case that makes a difference).

But if you can tell me the first version it started being slow on I
might be able to work out what changed.

If you want a workaround in the meanwhile, pressing "P" or "L" a second
time jumps straight to plan/elevation respectively.