Survex 1.1.4 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 19 19:26:01 BST 2005

You can download 1.1.4 from:

http://www.survex.com/software/1.1.4/

Please note that this is a test build of the development version.
Things should mostly work, but you're a lot more likely to encounter
problems than with the stable 1.0.X versions.  I'd certainly not
recommend installing this as your only survex version and going on
expedition...

But please download it, try it out, and report any problems.  I'd also
appreciate success stories.

I've not yet fixed all the reported issues, but there are enough fixes
since 1.1.3 that I think another snapshot is useful.  I've flagged
reports I've not yet dealt with in my mail reader, so there's no need to
re-report a problem as "still not fixed" unless it's listed as fixed
below (on the other hand it's useful to know if something ISN'T listed
but IS fixed!)

Changes in 1.1.4:

* aven: Added Aven's icon to the "About" dialog.

* aven: Use localised character for the decimal point (e.g. "," in most
  continental European countries).

* aven: Previously the survey tree would get focus and then take keypresses
  (e.g. "P", "L", "Delete").  Now we pass most keypresses across so they
  operate on the cave, and transfer the input focus across when we do.

* aven: Make pressing "Return" in the tree control expand/collapse a subtree.

* aven: Speed up intialisation by delaying creation of OpenGL lists until
  they're needed.

* aven: Added Mark Shinwell's bounding box with shadow of the survey.

* aven: Disable the "Tubes" button/menu item when there's no LRUD data.

* aven: Reworded "Restore Default Settings" as "Restore Default View".

* (Unix version): aven: Set sensible default margins for printing and preserve
  any margin values the user specifies between runs (previously margins
  defaulted to 0 each time aven was run).

* Documentation: Document *DATA PASSAGE in the manual.