bug in cavern trying to use *solve

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 15 16:08:54 BST 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 02:53:13PM +0000, Carlos "Gu?no" Grohmann wrote:
> Here it is
>
> The main file is areias.svx, the others are the separete surveys.

Thanks.

I'm missing externa.svx, but that doesn't matter - if I comment out
the *include for it I can still see the bug.

However your data wouldn't process even when I fix this - you'll just
get a more helpful error instead.

The problem is that the file is processed in order, and each *solve
executed when it is seen, so you must have the *fix before the first
*solve, and also the *equates to link each survey to the previous
one must be with the survey which they apply to, not all at the end.

So:

<*FIX COMMANDS>

<DATA1>

*solve

<DATA2>
<*EQUATE COMMANDS TO LINK DATA2 TO DATA1>

*solve

<DATA3>
<*EQUATE COMMANDS TO LINK DATA3 TO DATA1 AND DATA2>

*solve

and so on.