Survex 1.1.3 test version uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Sep 13 04:15:57 BST 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 07:24:39PM +0100, Martin Green wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:17:03AM +0100, Brian Clipstone wrote:
> >>        Highlight fixed points Ect does not work. Rotate is very jerky.
>
> I can not stop the highlight fixed points etc from working.

I suspect the OpenGL drivers for Brian's graphics card don't support the
point mechanism we use (or at least not at the size we use).  The
information in the "About" dialog should reveal if this is the case -
for example Martin's can handle point sizes between 1 and 64 pixels:

> Point Size 1.000-64.000 (granularity 0.125)

If there are cards which don't support this we need to check and fall
back to some other way of drawing the blobs.  Unfortunately that will
probably be rather slow.

> On my computer p,l,n,s,e,w,v,c and the mouse wheel work until you click on
> the side panel or press a cursor key.  They then just do there side panel
> jobs, and I can not restore focus to the graphics window.

Well I'm not sure what's going on here, but I now understand the
symptoms!  I'll investigate.

> After you select a station, the view changes to centre on that station,
> then the code to generate a grid over the screen and the stations in each
> part of the grid should be executed (the code that used to cause rotations
> to be jerky).  I presume that it is not being executed after the station
> centres on the newly selected point.

Ah yes, that sounds like a plausible explanation.  Oddly it works fine
on Linux though.  Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.  I'll investigate.