printing in 1.0.35

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Sep 10 13:39:00 BST 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 11:58:05AM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> I am using printpcl - that reference to printps was 'in case it does
> anything different' that might help clarify where the problem lies.

Ah right.

I can think of two useful things to try.

One is to see if you can find an older version of Survex that gets this
right.  You can get everything back to 0.92 here (including prerelease
versions in the test subdirectory):

http://www.survex.com/software/

The last change to the printpcl specific code was in June 2002, so I
would pick something fairly old to start with.  Perhaps even try 0.92
as if that has the same problem then you can probably give up.  Though
I do have a (probably incomplete) collection of older versions
somewhere.

The other is to try printing from printps through cups (or whatever)
and see if that produces PCL with the same problem.  If not, perhaps
capturing and comparing the PCL will give some clues.