Survex 1.1.6 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Oct 12 03:02:09 BST 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 03:01:23PM -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
> I the gradient box I have dates scattered around 1933 to 1942 or so.

OK, I've tracked this down (thanks to an example from Philip).

The issue only affects 32 bit platforms and only for dates after
2004-01-10.

The *date command allows a range - usually both ends are the same.
We take the average of the range for display and for dates after
2004-01-10 this average overflows and goes negative.  Then dividing
by 2 gives a negative answer, which is before 1970!

I'll fix it in 1.1.7 - it looks like this will be quite soon to mop
up a few problems from the large number of changes in 1.1.6, so
please report more problems promptly!