can't compile 1.1

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jul 5 21:57:18 BST 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 05:41:47PM -0300, Carlos Gu?no Grohmann wrote:
> I wnated to try the 1.10cvs version of survex, but couldn't. I get
> these errors:
>
> #error wxWindows must be built with wxUSE_GLCANVAS set to 1

Survex 1.1 requires OpenGL support in wxWindows.  This error means that
the build of wxWindows you're using doesn't have OpenGL support enabled.

I'm not familiar with recent versions of Slackware - there may be a
suitable wxWindows package or you may have to build your own.  To get
OpenGL support, you (or the person who made the package) need to build
wxWindows using: ./configure --with-opengl

> I running Slackware Linux 10.1, and survex 1.0.35 compiled fine.

Survex 1.0 doesn't require OpenGL.