problem compiling 1.1 cvs

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Aug 19 19:16:28 BST 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 05:25:00PM +0000, Carlos Gu?no Grohmann wrote:
> I am running SGMLtools-Lite version 3.0.3 (shouldn't have problem...)

I've just checked the source code for 3.0.3 and it definitely has a PS
backend.  It would appear that gentoo must disable this in their package
for some reason.  I've never used gentoo, but I guess you need to talk
to the gentoo maintainer for the sgmltools-lite package.  Or install it
from source yourself if you want to be able to build the documentation.

> I've benn playing around with 3d passages, and I didn't understand
> exactly how survex deals with what is left and what is right,
> sometimes I get it reversed...

It's actually always reversed in the tube model in the code in CVS
(coguh).  This is one of the bugs I have a patch for...

But the way it works is that the passage data describes the passage
in the order in which the stations are specified in the passage data.
The passages are effectively a layer on top of the centre-line skeleton
which allows a little extra flexibility.

> Also it dowsn't accept omitt values at passage data, what can be
> tricy, because if you have a large passage, you can indicate that the
> lateral is another station..

They're accepted in my patched version.  I don't recall if that was
something I fixed, but if it's not working for you I guess it must be.