Bad memory acces

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 16:33:37 BST 2005

+++ Carlos Guâno Grohmann [05-07-28 19:40 -0300]:
> I don't know why, but sometimes, when everything is going well, I
> decide to change and get in trouble.
> I was with Survex 1.1 working fine on a Gentoo box, but I was unhappy
> with Gentoo and decided to came back to Slackware. Get my system up
> and running, time to compile survex...
> at first, the same old problem I had before: need to use
> wxGLCanvas!!!!! Ok, lets compile wxwidgets.. So I did, and Survex
> compilation went well (without the docs, there's a "sgmltools
> -backend=ps" in the makfile that won't work ever, need to be checked),
> cavern runs, but Aven... two days ago, in Gentoo the problem was with
> the "glx" section on xorg.conf, was giving errors.. now I just get a
> "Bug in program detected! Please report this to the authors" and a
> "Bad memory acces" msg in terminal...
> I was wondering if any os you huys experienced something like this,
> and if the problem could be solved.

I don't know if we have other slackware users using Survex (anyone?).

The primary aven authors (Olly Betts and Mark Shinwell) are both caving in
Austria right now, althoguh Mark will be back in a few days.

I can't suggest anything useful beyond suggesting you try running it under
strace or gdb to find out where it is going wrong.

I am mostly replying to point out that you may not get a useful response for
a while, but should get one eventually.