Calculating statistics from .3d files

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 2 02:12:35 BST 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 11:08:20PM +0100, David Loeffler wrote:
> I've enclosed the source code

I think you forgot to attach it (or perhaps the list software stripped it?)

> Is it the feeling of the community that this tool is useful? If so, I can
> spend a little while fiddling it so it uses the messages file rather than
> having its messages hard-coded in, writing a manpage, and testing it on
> pathological cases, after which I'll check it in to CVS; but I'm unwilling
> to do that if nobody else sees a need for it. :-)

I'd really like to have such functionality in aven - so you can get such
statistics for the survey (or a selected subsurvey once I've sorted out
being able to select a subsurvey).  It sounds like you've done most of
the hard work and it should be easily enough to hook in if you can send
me a copy.

Incidentally, you won't be able to check it in to CVS yourself as you
don't have an account (note: cvs.survex.com != cvs.cucc.survex.com).