Bug in prefix hierarchy handling?

Cooper, Ben ben.cooper@siemens.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:42:45 -0000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3DC36.9F4ACCD0

Interesting - but it's not you - the files are OK.
Notice also that the .err file has it right, but the .3d representation on
screen is confused.  Problem with caverot?

I've noticed that the problem comes and goes depending on whether or not a
loop exists in the survey data.  If you break the two loops, the problem
goes away.  To see what I mean, comment out the two lines that join the two
loops, as follows:

In file 204.svx, comment out the equate of insignificant2.6 and
micturation.8 as follows:
;*equate trunk.insignificant2.6 domes.micturation.8

In file trunk/insignificant2.svx, rename second occurrence of station 0 to
station 8, and add *equate, and then comment out the *equate to break the
loop, as follows:
7	8	5.04	327	-48.5
;*equate 8 0

It is then very easy to experiment in connecting or disconnecting these two
loops.  With either loop connected, the strange trunk.trunk.trunk problem
appears, but with both loops broken, the naming is as expected.  You can
also visually see the loop closure error - very large (c. 30m) between
insignificant2.6 and domes.micturation.8!

- Ben Cooper