Survex the Movie

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:11:34 +0000

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 01:30:07PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> +++ Olly Betts [04-02-24 12:46 +0000]:
> > I've redone Mark's presentation code in the development version.  This
> > allows you to record a "fly through" and play it back - useful as a
> > visual aid for an expedition talk.  I've also added a movie export
> > option:
> >
> > http://www.survex.com/~olly/204.mpg
>
> neat! Does this involve any more dependencies (I presume you are using
> some external library to do the encoding

Yes, I'm using libavcodec from ffmpeg, mostly as it's the only option I
found which was GPL compatible and also worked on Windows.  It's not in
debian directly, but there are unofficial packages[1], and it seems to be
inside libavifile-0.7c102 (there's a libavcodec shared library, but no
corresponding avcodec.h header in the -dev).

[1] ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/