Any Mac OS X Chasm users?

Gary Ritchie gary@garyritchie.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:11:29 -0400

--Apple-Mail-4-641743471

I apologize if my post is inappropriate for this list...

I have Survex and Therion installed and working on my G4 PPC running
Mac OS X.2.6. I'm new to surveying/software and am still trying to
grasp unix binary compiling. Obviously I'm the type to search the
depths of the earth to find a GUI than to struggle with commandline...
Anyhoo... I've downloaded the latest Chasm (0.5) source and am trying
to build with these options...

./configure --host=powerpc --x-includes=/sw/include
--x-libraries=/sw/lib --prefix=/sw
--with-gtk-prefix=/sw/include/gtk-1.2/gtk

which eventually breaks on this GTK+ mismatch...

checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... *** GTK+ header files (version
1.2.8) do not match
*** library (version 1.2.10)
no
configure: error: Cannot find GTK: Is gtk-config in path?

gtk-config exists at /sw/bin/

I am using Fink/FinkCommander (GUI) to install my unix stuff and it
reports GTK+ as version 1.2.10. I have since reinstalled/rebuilt GTK+
but I still receive the same error.

Gary
(working on my first survey!)

http://www.garyritchie.com
--Apple-Mail-4-641743471

I apologize if my post is inappropriate for this list...

I have Survex and Therion installed and working on my G4 PPC running
Mac OS X.2.6. I'm new to surveying/software and am still trying to
grasp unix binary compiling. Obviously I'm the type to search the
depths of the earth to find a GUI than to struggle with commandline...
Anyhoo... I've downloaded the latest Chasm (0.5) source and am trying
to build with these options...

--x-includes=/sw/include --x-libraries=/sw/lib --prefix=/sw
--with-gtk-prefix=/sw/include/gtk-1.2/gtk </fontfamily>

which eventually breaks on this GTK+ mismatch...

1.2.0... *** GTK+ header files (version 1.2.8) do not match

*** library (version 1.2.10)

no

configure: error: Cannot find GTK: Is gtk-config in path?

</fontfamily>