survex build probs on MacOSX

Michael Lake mikel@speleonics.com.au
Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:56:36 +1000

Hi all,

I have aven working on my Mac OSX Ti PowerBook.
I dont know wht though :-)

 > I assume you're planning to see if the demos work?  That would be
 > interesting to find out.  Other people are definitely successfully
 > deploying applications using wxMac on MacOS X, but it's not clear
 > what we're doing that's different.

yep. I went back into wxMac and did a make clean; ./configure from above
the build directory that I made previously and a make and then went into
demos and did a ./configure and a make. This time you can change into
any of the demo directories eg. game of life or others and ./life or
other demos work.

Now to aven. If you do a make install the aven does not respond to keys
or mouse if you open it in most directories. e.g. survex/testcave$ aven &

But cd into the survex/src directory and start aven from there:
survex/src$ ./aven &

You will then be able to use the menus  and navigate to open a .3d file
and it works fine.

Why I dont know. I gather that it is reading some resource that it needs
from the survex/src directory but it cant find that resource or
something if started from anywhere else. Starting it from anywhere else
uses the symlink from /usr/local/bin/aven

Hopefully this is an important clue :-)

--

Mike Lake
Caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.