GLUT library and CVS

Philip Balister balister@vt.edu
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:30:11 -0400

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:07:19PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 02:50:32PM -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
> > I am now trying to build cvs 1.1 survex on a laptop with Fedora Core
> > installed.
> > It fails to build aven because it can't find glut. I found a freeglut rpm
> > and installed. Still more dorking got me to the point where the link failed
> > on some unresolved symbols.
> >
> > Anyone have a good way to resolve this problem?
>
> Not without knowing what the unresolved symbols were, and possibly what
> "dorking" was involved.

Basically I have things called freeglut vs glut. dorking = fixing include
file and library names. I will go back and try changing the library order
to see if I can clear the headache up.

> That said, Mark is worried that it draws text too slowly for our needs
> (that's all we really use GLUT for), so we may have to find a
> replacement...

Any idea what the time frame for this is? I'd like to get 1.1 running here,
but I have lots of other stuff to mess with also.

> > and there may be an open source license issue.
>
> What issue?  Debian regard glut as free software (libglut is in main).

Not sure, there was some remark in a freeglut file I found on one of these
rpm index sites :)

Anyway thanks for the responses. I'm looking forward to getting 1.1 running.

Philip