GLUT library and CVS

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:07:19 +0100

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 02:50:32PM -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
> I am now trying to build cvs 1.1 survex on a laptop with Fedora Core
> installed.
> It fails to build aven because it can't find glut. I found a freeglut rpm
> and installed. Still more dorking got me to the point where the link failed
> on some unresolved symbols.
>
> Anyone have a good way to resolve this problem?

Not without knowing what the unresolved symbols were, and possibly what
"dorking" was involved.

> A quick google for glut suggests it isn't maintained

I think there's not been a release for about 4 years, but it seems
stable so even if that's true, it's not necessarily a concern.

That said, Mark is worried that it draws text too slowly for our needs
(that's all we really use GLUT for), so we may have to find a
replacement...

> and there may be an open source license issue.

What issue?  Debian regard glut as free software (libglut is in main).