survex on OS/X

Michael Lake mikel@speleonics.com.au
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:27:53 +1100

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:48:48AM +0000, John P N Pybus wrote:
>
>>I assume that survex does now run on Macintoshs, at least those running
>>OS/X, since it's a fully fledged Un*x.
>>
>>However I can't find any binaries (or links) on the survex.com download
>>page.  I would be happy to compile it myself but I'm not a Mac user.
>>When Mac users ask me if they can process our survex data, or view .3d
>>files, it would be very useful to have something I can point them at.
>

> I was working with Mike Lake on producing packages for MacOS X but this
> was interrupted by a caving holiday in France (for me).  I've not had a
> chance to get back to this since I got back, but we should hopefully
> have packages available soon.

Ineed. We got it to the stage where we have a disk image but when you
install it, it still had a path to some data hard coded in. Olly had
sent me a patch to try but I had to reinstall OSX and so it will be next
week before I get wxWindows installed again and back into helping with this.

On my own machine with OSX 10.2 it is working fine, cavern and aven.

Mike
--
Mike Lake
Caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.